About Warren Schirtzinger
As a veteran strategic advisor, Warren believes too many great products and innovations fail unnecessarily. And the lack of mainstream adoption prevents meaningful change. This is the real tragedy behind failed innovations. They might have changed the world…if only the inventor had known how to achieve widespread adoption.
Managing high-tech products is hard, mostly because it requires both focus and judgement. The defining characteristic of a market strategy expert or an experienced high-tech founder is “situational awareness.” It is the ability to pay attention to many different systems all at once.
This leaves most entrepreneurs asking: Will I ever realize the dream that launched my new product or company? Will I ever build something bigger than myself?
Startup and Innovation Experience
I was employee number four at Ansyr Technology, a mobile computing software company that was voted “Seattle’s Most Promising Startup” by 250 venture capital investors at the Early Stage Investment Forum. We had everything going for us: lots of money, a great product, and partnerships with both Microsoft and Adobe. But the company failed because we didn’t stay aligned with our customers as they evolved.
Along the way I acquired a deep understanding of market development strategies and learned the secrets to customer alignment and mass-market adoption. And since then I have introduced and/or helped accelerate the adoption of some of the most important business, technology and sustainability innovations of the last twenty years:
- the first large scale utility-sponsored residential solar program (Sacramento Municipal Utility District)
- the first performance-based energy management certification program (Northwest Water and Energy Education Institute)
- the first hybrid venture capital fund (Nikko Securities)
- the first augmented reality binoculars for marine navigation (Advanced Marine Technology)
- the first ruggedized FTIR sensor for real-time industrial quality control (Measurex/Honeywell)
- the first digital audio workstation for on-air radio broadcast (Wheatstone Corporation)
I work as a strategic advisor to founders, CEOs and executive teams…helping them stay aligned with the ever-changing requirements of their customers.
I can speak with an entrepreneur, the founder of a startup, or a CEO and immediately detect weaknesses and determine if their product, sales channel and positioning messages are aligned for mainstream market success. I’ve worked with over 100 companies and have helped all of them moved toward their goals and achieve category leadership.
Now, I spend the majority of my time helping high-tech leaders, entrepreneurs or CEOs who have—or want to have—an emerging business that can become a market leader. There are two main ways I do that:
- I’ll help you align the attributes of your product offering and the value you deliver with the motivational characteristics of your target audience.
- I’ll show you how to lower the perceived risk of doing business with your company, so that mainstream customers feel comfortable buying.
Will I have the privilege of working with you next?
You don’t have to wonder if you can turn your vision into reality. With the help of a strategic advisor, you can build your business into a mainstream powerhouse.
You don’t have to dream about finding the answer to scaling and long-term growth. With my help you can build a successful high-tech company.
When you show up with an “alignment” mindset and learn from an experienced strategic advisor, you can be successful. If you’re willing to align your activities with your customers, I’ll be your mentor. Together, we can reach your goals.